- 1 box orzo pasta
- 2 medium zucchini, medium diced
- 1 Japanese eggplant, medium diced
- 1 pint multicolor heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic (important to use white for color)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- 1 handful oregano, chopped
- Set large pot of water to boil. When boiling, boil pasta according to package directions, drain, cool under running water and then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan until shimmering and sauté zucchini, eggplant and garlic together until just tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Make dressing in a separate bowl or cup by whisking olive oil into white balsamic, and then adding remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, combine zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, olive oil, and onion. Add dressing.
- Add feta and mix salad thoroughly.
- Garnish with chopped herbs, if desired.